Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RealPlayer/BT Broadband

• 22-02-2006 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone having streaming problems with RealPlayer on BT Broadband? I can't access streams on the RTE Website and I can't get hold of a tech support person from BT without paying 95 cents per minute (!!!) I'm running Realplayer 10 on Mac OS 10.3.

I can open .ram files from other websites, but the .smil on the RTE website seem to stop the RealPlayer.

Apologies for mildly offtopic post, but I thought a fellow BT user might have the right proxy settings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

.ram and .smil use different codecs.

I doubt is is anything to do with BT. for me .smil on RTE seem OK and I have a very paranoid firewall.

Try checking you Realplayer settings and Google on Realplayer MAC and .smil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'm not on bt, but i always had problems with the rte streams, got broadband a few months ago and the stream still doesn't work, tried upgrading real player and it didn't work either.

i'd try download Real Alternative and see if it works with that...

Advertisement