Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Bt, Wireless or wired router

• 22-02-2006 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    any advice on whether to go for the wireless option with Esat Bt? Otherwise I'll have about 10m of cable from my socket to the pc.

I'd be getting the 3mb service cause I want it for gaming - using a secured wireless system within the house wont cause additional lag will it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The wireless option would be your best bet, though I'm not sure if BT have them in stock yet. Some people here seem to have been told that they are not available just yet.

The wireless network shouldn't cause any lag in gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 budrick

if you are going for wireless do it but definitly make sure that it is encrypted or you will have other users getting free bb at your expense, otherwise stick with the cat 5e cable (that cant be tapped into). just make sure that your wireless system is fully secure and enjoy

Advertisement