Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Real Madrd. Best Player on Pitch

• 22-02-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Allthough Henry scored the Goal,and worked well, I thought Fabregas was outstanding and stood miles above anything in the real midfield. He never just hoofs the ball, he alwys trys to make a pass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Just posted on other thread, it was a close run between him and Reyes, best I have seen Reyes play for a long time, start of last season I guess. Maybe something to do with the returning Spanish players

Didnt think Henry actually did that much except goal of course, alot more influencials players in the middle of the park but this was prob more to do with the 5 man midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Eboue was class against Robinho who got frustrated was eventually substituted.
    Reyes was brilliant too
    My vote goes to Eboue though. He had a very solid game for such a young player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Another vote for Fabregas as best player here. His passing game is out of this world. I can't remember a point in the match we're he gave the ball away. I've always been a big fan of Cesc and I'm delighted he's finally starting to get the recognition he deserves.

As for Eboue, he was superb. Looked very confident on the ball, was lightening fast going forward and stuck Robinhio in his pocket for his entire spell on the pitch. He's defo one to watch for the future.

Can forget:
    Reye's - played the spanish game to the frustration of the Real defence.
    Freddie - best match this season - superb workrate.
    Lehmann - solid as a rock and made a great save from Beckhams effort.
    Toure - Great to have him back, made some vital clearances and headers.

Helb was good at holding the ball up and rarely gave away possession while on the ball but his passing was quite the opposite. I was screaming at the telly for the first entire first have as a failed to make every single pass further than 10 yards. I really don't see how Helb can get upset for being dropped, he's not as good as he seems to think he is.

Flamini really looked exposed at left back and his passing was pi$$ poor, put a lot of effort in and could be very good with time. Gilberto did well to clean up infront of the back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Very impressed with Eboue. Ljungberg is a player Arsenal have really missed, similar to the role Shcoles would play for United. His runs and passing add a whole new dimension to the team. First time I have seen him play well for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Eboue was immense
    Fabrigas and Reyes both played great games but Reyes sort of ruined it by going back on the pitch injured

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Graveson was Real's best player in the first half and I thought ljungberg was far better than he has been all season. Apart from that everyone in Arsenal's back 4 did well seen as it was so inexperienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Zidane looked old. I've a big fan of Eboue, always knew he'd make it at Arsenal, was shocked he only got his first Premiership start in the last week or two. Between him and Clichy the youth system is certainly producing for full-backs anyway. I'd bet on Real Madrid to win (I was even daring to speculate 7-3 on aggregate!), but I prefer Arsenal so am a happy Mark. Well done to Fabbers and Le-man.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree with everyone who said Eboue was Arsenals best player last night. He didnt give Robinho a sniff and made him look a very average player. Also he was great on the ball and made some surging runs up the touchline. Excellent game and he looks a real prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Kingp35 wrote:
    I agree with everyone who said Eboue was Arsenals best player last night. He didnt give Robinho a sniff and made him look a very average player. Also he was great on the ball and made some surging runs up the touchline. Excellent game and he looks a real prospect.

Eboue was great as well. I thought he got caught once or twice in second half rolling forward, but gilberto covered for him. They now have two quality right backs. two quality left backs, once there fit. Flaminis passing wasnt helped by the fact hes totally right footed and coming from the left. but he made a great tackle on beckahm at one stage. Gilberto played well because he didnt give the ball away! he took the simple option every time, pass it his own or back. that was some pass by Pires when he came on. Reyes played well brilliantly. I thought the same about Henry, but he got Star Man on the sun probabloy for the goal. IT was heroic stuff really. If they can get Van persie back and fit...Wow for the future. If i was wenger id drop cambpell and leave sendeors and toure at back for a while. Lehmann in fairness to him, has probably had his best season so far for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The 3 that stood out for me:

Reyes: As well as I've seen him play for Arsenal. Ran all night, fed in a few clever balls to Henry and was denied himself only by a great save from Casillas. (Although it was pretty cheeky of him to roll back onto the pitch when he was injured to stop play)

Fabregas: He looked light-years more than his actual age. Brilliant performance.

Eboue: Like everyone else above me, Eboue had a really good match. He kept one of Brazil's hottest prospects relatively quiet for the whole night, and got forward well himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

I'll have to agree that Cesc, Reyes and Eboue were outstanding, but my vote goes with Toure! He commanded that back four and really made the difference that we've been missing most of the season.

But in truth it is hard to pick any one player they all played fantastic, I just hope we dont ruin it all with a dismal display at Highbury!

I'll have to agree that Cesc, Reyes and Eboue were outstanding, but my vote goes with Toure! He commanded that back four and really made the difference that we've been missing most of the season.

But in truth it is hard to pick any one player they all played fantastic, I just hope we dont ruin it all with a dismal display at Highbury!

Agreed, if we can beat them in highbury as well. All the better.
    read this if u get a chance, arseblogger was at the game. hes an irish guy working in barcalona..legend!!!

http://www.arseblog.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

tred wrote:
    read this if u get a chance, arseblogger was at the game. hes an irish guy working in barcalona..legend!!!

I love that website, that guy is a true legend. His use of the word c*nt in nearly every sentence is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tred

I love that website, that guy is a true legend. His use of the word c*nt in nearly every sentence is brilliant.

Read that site every morning. Irish Arsenal man too. Legend.
    Grande hombre Grande: Deadly man Deadly

didier c*nt drogba
    !!!
    lol..
    hes a gas man allright. but hes analysis sometimes is spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Fabregas earns senior Spain call
    Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas looks set for a senior Spain debut after being named in the squad for the friendly with the Ivory Coast in Valladolid on 1 March.
    The midfielder, 18, was the Gunners' youngster-ever debutant and has become a first-team regular this season.

Spain coach Luis Aragones said: "Although Cesc is young, after a year and a half in the Arsenal team he has emerged as a very important player.

"He's performed well for the under-21s and he's also got an eye for goal."

Fabregas' Arsenal team-mate Jose Reyes is also in the squad, along with the Liverpool quartet of Jose Reina, Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso and Fernando Morientes.

There is also a first call-up for Villarreal's Brazilian-born defensive midfielder Marcos Senna.

"I've spoken to Senna and he has made it clear he wants to play for Spain and feels Spanish," Aragones explained.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4747298.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

ArseBlog, excellent site, loved his review of the game!

Advertisement