Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Ball '06 [Jazz and ComedySoc]

• 22-02-2006 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

JazzSoc and ComedySoc are organising this event for Tuesday next week (28th February). It's set to be an cheap and cheerful alternative to the ridiculously expensive blacktie balls (like B&L's €60 ball), with two Jazz bands and three comedians performing on the night.

Tickets are only €15 (or €10 if you're a member of JazzSoc or ComedySoc) and its on in the Laughter Lounge on Eden Quay. Don't worry, it's all casual dress and everybody's here to have a good laugh (ouch..)

See this poster for more details. Tickets are on sale Friday - Tuesday at the Wall. Feel free to PM me or reply here with any questions :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Should be good, is it definitely on in the laughter lounge, heard they were asking for a fortune so it might be in the sugar club, donno if there's any truth to it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 YeVaD

Laughter Lounge are asking for a fair few bob alright but I think the committee are sticking with it.. if there is a change in plan it'll be on the posters we'll be sticking up around campus, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Where was it on in the end was thinking of going.

its on in the laughter lounge, I'm sure they'd be glad to get as many as they can:v:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's on tonight in the laughter lounge. Doors are at 7.30. It should be amazing, unfortunately I'm stuck in bed with the 'flu so I won't make it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you going humbert?

where is the laughter lounge? are there tickets left? do i have to pay more at the door.

I might go, not sure yet, and firespinner I get the impression there is definitely tickets left, as to whether u'd pay more at the door I'm trying to find out myself...

It's the same price on the door as well, ie €10. The laughter lounge is just off O'Connell street, near O'Connell bridge. Other than that, I'm not sure, except that it's right beside the seediest lapdancing club in Dublin - the Garden of Eden or something horrific like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

hmm what a coincidence no? :p

• Advertisement

is it dangerous? We can dance with strippers in the snow....

Looks like I am going, do you know if comedy soc sold many tickets, or when you say sick do you mean hiding from creditors with baseball bats:)

Yea it's on the north side of the liffey ust about 100 yards east of o'connell street

humbert wrote:
    when you say sick do you mean hiding from creditors with baseball bats
    A little from column A, a little from column B... :v:

Ah no, the truth is I actually don't know how many tickets comedy soc have sold. I've been hallucinating a lot today becuase of the high temperature I have, so most of what's happened to me hasn't been what you'd call lucid.

Is there adress code/id required? I assume id.
    What time start and finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm also Comedy Soc committee. Ticket sales are steady but not amazing. You'll get one, put it that way. Promises to be a great laugh. I'm heading in now. Doors at 7.30 and the bar doesn't close until 3. Provide yourself with plenty soakage.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

A little from column A, a little from column B... :v:

Ah no, the truth is I actually don't know how many tickets comedy soc have sold. I've been hallucinating a lot today becuase of the high temperature I have, so most of what's happened to me hasn't been what you'd call lucid.

Oh no-hope you get better hullabaloo!i hope the van is looking after you and giving you lots of lemsips etc

Cheers panda. He's on the way home to make me some pancakes now! I'm raging I'm missing tonight, I'd say it will be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 YeVaD

I'm missing it as well. Why do I have to be sick today of all days ._.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

missed it and v disappointed. hullaballo and besty had built it up so much but as luck would have it time was against me. hopefully i can go next year.
    hullaballo, hurry up and get better!

Anybody go to it? Was it any good?

• Advertisement

yes

As in it was very good?

As in it was very good?
    yes

twas brilliant. The comedy was very very funny. The jazz, not so good. Then again, thats why I'm comedy society committee and not jazz soc committee

twas good, better turnout than I expected and have to admit I did enjoy the comedy more than the jazz but both were good! It was odd being seated on a night out but it is the odd ball:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

What comedians were there??

panda100 wrote:
    What comedians were there??
    Michael Mee was one...

John Lynne and Paddy Courtney MC.
    Michael Mee was rip roaringly funny

Advertisement