Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave throttling???

• 22-02-2006 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

I'm one of those rare Ripwave users with a green light (thanks to the wonders of new BTS32 being just down the street).

Due to this green light, I get great speeds (for ripwave) close to 400 of the full 512, but only for about 15 minutes then it stutters along until I turn it off leave it for half an hour or so, come back, switch it on and get great speeds again for 15 minutes or so.

It seems my connection is being throttled. Anybody got an idea what would cause this sudden decrease in speeds?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tazz T wrote:
    Anybody got an idea what would cause this sudden decrease in speeds?

Yes, the network engineers in IBB have a very good idea. You mailed them of course and they said what exactly ??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

You obviously haven't tried contacting customer care at IBB. :rolleyes:

Just wondering if anyone had similar problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 razorday

Tazz T wrote:
    You obviously haven't tried contacting customer care at IBB. :rolleyes:

Just wondering if anyone had similar problems?
    nope.got ripwave for my daughter before xmas,in spite of these boards.on her third modem now,but its fine.lots of p2p,flying along @ 75_80kbps!!!well its alright for 20E pm,no line.she is directly opposite northside mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Having the same problem. Both BTS 31 and 32 are close to my location on Pearse street , they are on top of the new O2 head office building .

My ripwave has been setup to be moblie ,ie not set to only one BTS ID.
    ( The speed drops when switching between the two strong singnals)

When runnig the Navini Dia Tools and speed test from......

http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/

BTS 32 is the fast one as i am getting up to 495kbps on 32 ( 500kbps is the max for ripwave) ..I am going to try and get IBB to setup my unit to only link onto BTS 32.

So try and use 32 ,,,,and leave some bandwidth for my downloads !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've been locking on to bts 30 sometimes altho 32 is fastest for me also.

That might actually explain the pulse in the signal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

wow lads, you have speeds which are about 100 times faster than ibb expect of ripwave so i suppose that would be reason enough for throttling...

you must be tearing through their available bandwidth :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

gsand wrote:
    available bandwidth :p

You are making a fairly big assumption there....... IBB having available bandwidth....I mean really...... :D

Advertisement