Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

De Walt Chopsaw and stand.

• 22-02-2006 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

DeWalt DW708 chopsaw for sale I am selling it as I am moving to Canada in May for a year and need money to pay for my flights. I only bought it last October and have barely used it as I was mostly doing sash window restoration and doing my final exams in college .
    I have the guarantee card and receipt from Mc Quillans if you want the guarantee. The saw is spotless.
    If you want it I have the dedicated stand which folds up to 6ft in length and extends each side to a total length of about 16ft.

Saw €800
    Stand €150

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

i'l take that stand off you next tuesday! I'l have the money for it then! I'm not going to bother selling my chopsaw now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 muckalee

O-Ninio wrote:
    DeWalt DW708 chopsaw for sale I am selling it as I am moving to Canada in May for a year and need money to pay for my flights. I only bought it last October and have barely used it as I was mostly doing sash window restoration and doing my final exams in college .
    I have the guarantee card and receipt from Mc Quillans if you want the guarantee. The saw is spotless.
    If you want it I have the dedicated stand which folds up to 6ft in length and extends each side to a total length of about 16ft.

Saw €800
    Stand €150
    how much did you pay for it originaly and where did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 muckalee

How much did you pay for it originaly and where did you buy it?Reason i ask is i bought equipment at callan car boot sale and it didnt work when i got it home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭O-Ninio

Paid over €1000 notes for it anyway but got a bit of discount on it as I was buying a fair bit of gear, I'M not selling any of the other stuff as its almost all cordless and the legends designing De Walt made it so that their batteries are compatible worldwide so I' m getting it sent over to Canada and just have to get a charger over there.
    The saw was purchased in Mc Quillans on Capel Street.
    You should never buy tools at a market or car boot sale chances are it is robbed.

just to let ye know I just rang O-Ninio about the stand and we have agreed the sale and a price for it! I will advise him to take his number off incase he gets private prank calls

• Advertisement

Lads going to collect the stand in the next while. Was talking to O-Ninio earlier on and he mentioned to me that this saw is still up for sale!

Eoin what's the story with the stand? Have been trying to get in contact with you for the last few days but getting no response from you? Could you please update me on this?

Eoin I see you that have been online here today. I really would like some form of communication from you.. Something rather that nothing.... All I'm looking for is an update to the situation regarding the stand! I'm getting very anxious and annoyed over the total lack of communication on your end!

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FORM OF COMMUNICATION OR UPDATE ON THE ISSUE!!!!!!!

Right Eoin I really and truely need an answer on this today! I see you have the saw for sale in the buy and sell website but there is no mention of the stand for it at all. So is the stand still mine or what and can I collect it off you next week?

All I'm asking for is an answer. You dont even have to ring or text me. I'l ring you about this.. I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER ON THIS TODAY!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

O-Ninio at least put Galwaydude out of his misery, and pm him before tempers start to rise....:(

We are, after all a peaceful bunch here. So keep your powder dry.

Chill guys..;)

kadman:)

• Advertisement

Stand is now sold however the saw remains and is looking for a good home.

Yes I finally have the stand and must say that is immaulate looking! Looks like it was only taken out of the box. Not a trace of dust on it at all!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Nice one galwaydude.

Definitely a good piece of kit, I've had mine for 3 years now, and its a must for any woodworker. I suppose O-Ninio will let the auld saw off cheap now, no use with out the good old stand:D :D:D

I might even put in an offer meself now;)
    kadman:)

Yeh those stands are defo some piece of metal, greatly adds to the ease of use of the saw no more propping up long lengths of timber with off cuts or paint tins etc. Great for repeat cuts also with the length stops.

Ya it's a great piece of kit! It was some journey to collect it but well worth it! I also got an avenger laser for the saw today so I'm away with it now! Just need to buy a planer now!

any luck selling the saw since? That stand is brillant by the way!

No not yet but theres a good bit of studwork coming up so no doubt once I am ready to start that someone will want it Murphys Law like

ah sure that will always happen! Good luck with the sale anyhow! Hope you sell it soon!

Saw price now €700

Advertisement