Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT BT 10gb download cap

• 22-02-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Thinking of signing up for Esat BT broadband 20e a month offer with 1mb speed.

They have a cap of 10gB download. how long or how much would I really need to use it ( in terms fo web pages etc ) , would it take before I would exceed the cap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If you don't do any p2p / torrent download, you will find it very hard to go over that 10GB cap if you are just simple web surfing and email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Unless you're seriously into trying different versions of Linux every day (:rolleyes:), I wouldn't fret too much over the cap.
    You can monitor your cap usage on their website anyway, so if you're getting too close to the cap, you can just taper off your usage a bit... less big downloads etc, until the next months cap kicks in.

In terms of webpages though... unless you're trying to run a large internet cafe off your line, I'd put web-page traffic at the bottom of the cap-eater list.
    Similarly, online games will use very little of your cap, even playing 10 hours a day.
    Chat/IRC and email, equally not worth thinking about.

tbh don't worry about it... just watch your cap usage (on the BT website) for the first month to get a feel for how much/little your regular usage costs in terms of your cap.
    I stopped even thinking about the cap at about 3 months in, and the cap was 8Gigs then ;)

Advertisement