Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisture % before laying floors

Options
  • 22-02-2006 12:29pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

What moisture reading should I be looking for when I am testing before I lay the timber floors?
    Got one of them yokes off ebay, good price too

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My suppliers advice for solid pine was 9% or below.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks CJ, was it you who purchased that moisture checker on Ebay by any chance?
    I presume it is easy to use

'twas me and they are very easy to use, just push the 4 pins in about 4mm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Into the screed?

No, you are testing the water content of the wood.screed won't move as much as wood ;)

• Advertisement

Doh!! Cheers ;)

Advertisement