Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another question for the sound boffs

Options
  • 22-02-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

I was talking to a friend recently about the way they set up their speakers during their live shows, and he explained to me that they usually stack the main speakers ontop of the subwoofers either side of the stage.

I was kind of curious - does this not affect the quality of the sound?

If anyone has an opinion abt it, it will be great to hear abt it!

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well the subwoofer produces really low sound waves (<60 hz), its impossible to tell where they are coming from in a room. So you can put them anywhere, usually in a corner.

How do you mean affect the sound quality anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

why would it effect the quality of the sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Well as Anima said, you can't tell where the low end sound is coming from. Once the main speakers are set up at a good height and a good position left and right of the stage the quality of sound won't be effected by the subs. As long as the PA amp and speakers a good to start with.

Advertisement