Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Bus Service

Options
  • 22-02-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if they have contacted Dublin Bus as to when and if there will be a regular service to the estate. I have asked since July and have been advised that it 'is in the pipeline, near future', etc. Latest date I now have is mid to late March. I'm not sure how many people are in the estate but it's a lot and ridiculous that there is no regular public transport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

Get yourself a bike rather than wait for Dublin Bus to get it's finger out..!!! I was under the impression that there was already a bus service running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

There is an 84X at 7.30 in the morning and a private service between 6 and 8 in the morning and 4.45 and 7.20 in the evening, Monday to Friday. There is nothing at the weekends at all. Bike not much use in the winter months I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

DB may not be too keen because the shuttle bus would take most of the passengers during rush hour (it is free after all) and off-peak passenger numbers would be low.

How about building some kind of pedestrian access from the Killincarrig-Kilcoole road into Charlesland (somewhere around the Crescent?) - that way you could get the 84. Admittedly it'd still be a bit of a hike if you live in Seabourne (and also the 84 is very infrequent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

There will be no Dublin Bus service for as long as the Charlesland shuttle operates .They cant compete with a free service financed to the tune of €126,000 anually by the management companies that exist in charlesland the 84x is the only service they will:mad: provide and thats official line from Dublin Bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

When did you hear this ?. The correspondance that I've had from them has been different to that. They advised that they did have plans to provide a service, just seemed to be delaying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Spoke on the phone to the the guy in charge of provision of new services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Get some exercise kids, it ain't that far a walk for you blow-ins.

Advertisement