Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some battlestar questions...

• 22-02-2006 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Has season 3 been announced yet?

Just how popular is it in the US?

I'm just over half way through season 1, and already it's shot to number 1 in my all time favourite TV shows. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It was announced before christmas and has been filming since January.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

As I understand it BSG is the most popular show on the US Sci-Fi channel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

In response to both of you: Yay! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think this show has been so bloody good since it's first screening that it's cool to say something is BS now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

Well ***** me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i have only come into this forum to glimpse at the thread topic titles as i'm in the same boat as Khannie, i have only watched the first 7 episodes of series 1 but by God its good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Yeah its great. FWIW My advice, Rollo: avoid ALL spoilers like the plague. BSG really depends alot on unexpected plot twists. Spoilers and other info will really reduce your enjoyment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye i know there is one guy i know and he read spilers and he knows who 2 other cylon modles are?

why i ask u why
    why ruin it for yourself?

but ye **** bsg is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Spoilers are the work of the devil and if I could ban them I would :D

I'm continually amazed at the quality of the show. I'm on a business trip at the moment so during the quiet evenings I'm re-watching series one on my psp. Frackin' class. (I wonder if frack has been removed from the swear list yet..edit: It has...it was only there as a joke :)).

There has only been one episode that was a slight chore to re-watch and that was the prison barge one. The miniseries is just amazing though. Only 6 pounds on play.com now. Best 9 euro ever.

edit: On the spoilers front, I'd echo what Praetorian says. Sometimes even the title gives away too much though, a prime example of this is "Pegasus". If you've watched the original series, you know what's coming. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Khannie wrote:
    There has only been one episode that was a slight chore to re-watch and that was the prison barge one.
    That was about the thrid or forth of season one, yea? I'd agree anyway.. fairly weak episode.. lent the series to a friend and he didn't bother watching anymore after that one, which is a pity. I've been desperetly trying to get all my mates into this show as it's clearly the best thing on TV evar!

And yet, for some reason, they seem hesitent... too 'american' or 'soap opera in space' aparently. And this from self-confessed fans of ST:Voyager :confused:

It boggles the mind how anyone (perticularly a sci-fi fan) could dislike this show. They're probably just sick of hearing me babble on about it :)

Goodshape wrote:
    It boggles the mind how anyone (perticularly a sci-fi fan) could dislike this show.

100% agree. My wife loves it and she's not in to sci-fi at all really.

I think the "humans on the edge of extinction" part really adds that extra dimension that other sci-fi shows are missing (with the occasional exception (e.g. the borg episodes in TNG, which were massively popular)). I think we're so used to considering the survival of the race as a foregone conclusion that it's really different to consider otherwise. I love survival stories too. :D

One last question....the official page says it's not on until 2am. I'd consider this a pretty bad sign. Am I missing something?

*nervous*

edit: There's a season 3 teaser there for anyone who wants it.

Khannie wrote:
    One last question....the official page says it's not on until 2am. I'd consider this a pretty bad sign. Am I missing something?
    Just repeats I assume. The season is over.

Ah ok. Nice one thanks. I'm not keeping pace with reality. I'll be finishing season 1 tonight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Khannie wrote:
    Ah ok. Nice one thanks. I'm not keeping pace with reality. I'll be finishing season 1 tonight. :)
    Good for you, reality is way over-rated....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

im scared to go to google and type season 3airdate i did that one with another show and got a spoiler so does ne1 know what the air date is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Season 3 doesn't start production until next month... so I'd imagine it will be sometime in October when they start screening it.

Oh

My

Gods

That's very depressing. Frackin' October?!?!?! I'd better stretch Season 2 out a bit. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

never really watch this but saw the two parter

if anyone wishes to indulge me

can they explain why the blonde sylon is fracked up in the head (not physically but pyschologically)

• Advertisement

can they explain why the blonde sylon is fracked up in the head (not physically but pyschologically)
    which one? the one in Baltar's head, or the one in prison?

I don't think there's too much known about the one in Baltar's head.
    The one in prison has been beaten and abused for ages.

NOES. You better not have spoilered something for me without using the spoiler tag. I assumed he meant the one in baltars head. I know nothing of any other cylon. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Khannie wrote:
    NOES. You better not have spoilered something for me without using the spoiler tag. I assumed he meant the one in baltars head. I know nothing of any other cylon. :/
    Yep. It is a bit, from last weeks episodes on Sky. But it's from an episode that is a good bit away from where you are... hopefully you'll have forgotten by the time you reach it.

OOOppps... sorry Khannie :-/ I even held back on saying things Irish viewers may not know. Forgot you weren't there yet.

:) okie dokie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

never really watch this but saw the two parter

if anyone wishes to indulge me

She has a name you know!
    Cylons have feelings too!!
    :D
    No. 6 - just like "The Prisoner" is her generic name. A little joke by the scriptwriters.

Her human name is "Gina"
    Do you want to know more?

Interesting that links show up in spoilers. Never noticed that before.

So so tempted. Must....resist....temptation.....

I'm going to watch all of season two one episode per week, leaving me with only a short break before I hit season 3 in real-time. :D

Khannie wrote:
    I'm going to watch all of season two one episode per week
    lol.. sure you are :)

Hahaha. :D

Watched the first episode of season 2 on Monday and it's killing me already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Khannie wrote:
    Interesting that links show up in spoilers. Never noticed that before.

So so tempted. Must....resist....temptation.....

I'm going to watch all of season two one episode per week

me arse! i said the same thing before when i was catching up on Prison Break, i watched 8 episodes in two days!
    great two days thou

Advertisement