Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOST starting to suffer.

• 22-02-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else hear that since LOST started season 2 they have lost 30% of their worldwide viewers. I mean they still have millions of viewers but 30% is a huge chunk.

I think its down to the slow pace at which the plot is developing. They better start moving in some direction soon :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

I'm not surprised.
    They've LOST myself and a few others that i know of and its only episode 3.
    What happened to it. It was great last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Statistics are statistics but I gotta disagree, the 2nd series is way better than the first. I watched from 1-14 for the second series and its a great improvment. Less regurgitating and more content in the story lines...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah i myself have also watched 1-14 in season 2 and i still love the show but i just think there are some small things in every episode that you just think "that has nothing to do with anything in this episode".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its definetly not as good as the first series. Theres just nothing happening. The backstories are all filler type stuff. *SPOILERS REMOVED* They're pussyfooting around. The last few episodes have been pretty good I guess, lets just hope the next few are even better.

Edit: Please do NOT post spoilers in any thread not marked US/IRL/UK... read the sticky at the top of the forum for reasons why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I know a few people who are getting frustrated with it. Personally I'm enjoying it. It can be annoying when there's a cliffhanger and then they go and ignore it for 3 episodes but that happened just as much in season 1. They do eventually get back to it and there's always something interesting happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Trilla wrote:
    Less regurgitating and more content in the story lines...

I've just seen the same scene three times in the first 3 episodes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

The big problem with the series is that they know the ultimate end of the story, but have no idea how long the series will run, so they need to draw it out creating more intrigue to keep people hooked.

OSiriS wrote:
    The big problem with the series is that they know the ultimate end of the story, but have no idea how long the series will run, so they need to draw it out creating more intrigue to keep people hooked.

Yes but it seems that they have not succeeded in doing this as the viewing figures show. They really need to start patching things together. I think that when they first decided to make LOST, they had in their mind 50 episodes but then LOST became so big that they decided to drag it out more (in order t make more money) and had to change their story and long term plan.

It seems they are becoming a victom of their own greed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

LOST.. interest.

It's a one plot series so they're dragging it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I don't see how those stats are anyway right,they have lost little or no ratings in the US,and the show has only just started (Ireland),or hasn't started at all yet in most countries (UK). SO are these stats being based on just the countries that have started showing it? Are they based on the first few episodes of the season,when it should be calculated when the season is over? Load of bull this is to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well myself and me girlie have given up on it after ep 2x5....it's just getting boring and annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Programmes always lose viewers from the first few epeisodes. How many people have wtched a full series of 24 compared to the one's who have just seen the first few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

The only thing that's annoying me is this. People are giving up after seeing 3 episodes? Your own choice, of course - it'll be your loss - but I'm finding it great! I didn't like the way they kept repeating the scenes in the first few episdes but giv it a chance! Jeez...tough crowd. :mad: I guarantee you, you'll all be watching the series finale.

ROCK ON LOST!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭lau1247

ha! those of you who has quit don't know what you're missing.. *SPOILER REMOVED* and have you seen the trailer for season2 episode 15? Seem like one of the best to come.. It's a pity they have to keep on taking breaks to air the next one

I know it's annoying that they drag it out bit by bit..
    But it's just got interesting..

Sometimes I feel like giving up also but then it really annoys me not to find out what happens in the end..

it's like when someone ask you a question they can't remember and you can't remember also, then it take you the whole day to think about it.. that's how I feel..

But it's still a great series overall..

--DO NOT POST SPOILERS - Steve

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

And where are these figures available?

I was not comenting on my personal liking or disliking for the show. I have watched 1-14 season 2 and it is a great show, still it just seems that people are moaning more and more compared to season 1. Yes they have slowed down imo but having seen 1-14 it does move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Will everyone PLEASE refrain from posting spoilers here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭lau1247

sorry.. not too sure how to put it into one of those grey highlighted word.. thanks for removing it

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Put "{SPOILER}Season 2 of Lost sucks{/SPOILER}" around your text. Except instead of "{" and "}", put square brackets "[" and "]".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Still waiting for some official link about LOST losing 30% of its audience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, this certainly doesn't back up the OP's claim (There are spoilers there for non- US viewers!):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/news

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lost is going slower than I would like it but I reckon they are gona build up to something big the finish of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I doubt it has lost 30% of it's audience. The second season hasn't even started to be aired in most countries. To date the countries that season two has aired in are U.S.A, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Anima wrote:
    Put "{SPOILER}Season 2 of Lost sucks{/SPOILER}" around your text. Except instead of "{" and "}", put square brackets "[" and "]".
    Please don't post any spoilers even under spoiler tags unless the thread is marked as containing spoilers.

The Use of Spoilers sticky explains the reasoning...

Also could you please provide a link to the figures where Lost is down 30%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

the problem with season two is that they seem to have forgotton about why they are on the island.

first season was new and exciting, and about them coming to the island.. now it seems to be all about island politics... ie. who's in charge, who's good bad, useful etc.

if you take out the fact that they are stuck on an island.. it could just be any other tv show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

i have seen up to se 2 ep 14, se 2 starts slow but does get better so hang in there. the pace does pick up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

i think there are about 3 or 4 episodes which are really below par but that s about it! the rest of it has been pretty solid...
    they are dragging the plot out a bit but its a huge plot, in fact I've never watched a show has attempted to chronicle the fate of twenty main characters, yes thats right 20 main characters, the problem is that most of the criticism coming in is all premature as there a lot of yet to be explained stuff pending.
    its clear at this stage that there is a big plan which they all fit into and the writers have given themselves a real challenge in developing and ultimately explaining this but i would say continuing to watch is a safe gamble to take!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

30% probably got sick of looking at and listening to Michelle Rodriguez. Seriously, I can't stand her!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

I much prefer season 2 to season 1!!
    And every episode is getting better - I was on the edge of my seat last week!

I read an article on Lost viewing figures recently - must root it out - it certainly hasnt dropped by 30% or even close! Would love to know the source for that:?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

American ratings are pretty much meaningless due to their network system and out-dated ratings measurement techniques...

That's how series like Firefly and Family Guy get cancelled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Talwin Hawkings

im fairly dissipointed with the new series! i can believe the viewings are down alright! it just moves so slowly! altough they're doin sometin right cause im still watchin to see what happens if they dont push that stupid button.

real american they way Rose husband was still alive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

logik wrote:
    Did anyone else hear that since LOST started season 2 they have lost 30% of their worldwide viewers. I mean they still have millions of viewers but 30% is a huge chunk.

Worldwide, im not suprised.
    I don't know one single person who enjoyed season 1, that has waited for season 2 to come on tv.
    Every fan of the show i know, in Ireland anyway, has been downloading the episodes as soon as they are shown in the states and then not bothering to watch episodes they have already seen.
    Another possible reason for the drop?

Metacortex wrote:
    I don't know one single person who enjoyed season 1, that has waited for season 2 to come on tv.
    Every fan of the show i know, in Ireland anyway, has been downloading the episodes as soon as they are shown in the states and then not bothering to watch episodes they have already seen.

again I'm asking where is proof of this drop? Not in the US anyway,and worldwide,Lost has only just started season 2 or has not started at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

tvnutz wrote:
    again I'm asking where is proof of this drop? Not in the US anyway,and worldwide,Lost has only just started season 2 or has not started at all.

Im not offereing any proof, i don't have any.
    Im offering one possible explaination to a drop in ratings, if indeed, as you say, there is any.

Ye sorry,I meant proof from the original poster,did he just take a number and say its down that much worldwide? As far as I know,the ratings are up in the US,and most countries have only just started the season or havn't at all,so if it is based on those,then it is useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

Lost season 2 hasnt aired in as many places as season 1 yet ie. The UK etc.
    I know from ratings that it isn't losing very many viewers in america.

Metacortex wrote:

YeahThis is true and theres people downloading them legally on itunes and even some people waiting for the DVD.

:Keith: wrote:
    Still waiting for some official link about LOST losing 30% of its audience.

Ditto.

Advertisement