Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New cd/mp3/usb/mmc ... broke?

Options
  • 22-02-2006 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Heyas all, bought a head unit last friday week, and now it wont accept cd's anymore, i put a post up on motors section but got no replies, anyone know if there is a quick way to solve this problem, is it common?

If i force a cd into the player(push it the whole way in) it tries to read it but cant, then if i press eject it will eject it, but it no longer sucks the cd in itself. any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

what make/model of player is it?

Sounds like the insertion arm is bandy,are any of the cds your putting in Diy labeld?Alot of players wont take in cd's with labels stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

eireal wrote:
    what make/model of player is it?

Its an Acoustic Solutions player (argos rebrand I think)
    eireal wrote:
    Sounds like the insertion arm is bandy,are any of the cds your putting in Diy labeld?Alot of players wont take in cd's with labels stuck in

Nope I tried a number of cds and it wont take any of them.

Do you know of any easy/quick way to check if insertion arm can be fixed or anything? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

not off the top of my head,if its less than a year old i wouldnt bother fiddling with it and just bring it back to argos for an exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Cool will do, thanks for help anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

tw0nk wrote:
    Cool will do, thanks for help anyways.

...and while your at Argos, exchange it for a Sony... Never had one go wrong yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement