Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re:Where to get flashing led for alarm plz

Options
  • 22-02-2006 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Have an old carinaE which is key coded so cannot be taken without the key and was looking to stick in one of those flashing red led's into the dash to make it look like an alarm was on. I sure peats or maplins have them but what do they come under can anyone tell me. As I am sure its not just an led but some circuit board also which makes it flash. Also has anyone wired one before?,is it a straight enought hook up.

Cheers Cubix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Maplins sell them for about €3

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

as do most car accessory shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cubix wrote:
    Have an old carinaE which is key coded so cannot be taken without the key and was looking to stick in one of those flashing red led's into the dash to make it look like an alarm was on. I sure peats or maplins have them but what do they come under can anyone tell me. As I am sure its not just an led but some circuit board also which makes it flash. Also has anyone wired one before?,is it a straight enought hook up.

Cheers Cubix

I seen something like these many years ago, it is about the same size as a usb memory stick with a flashing led and it plugs straight into the cigarette lighter. To be honest they do look a bit silly and will very likely not deter a thief for long.

But to answer your question I haven't seen one in a motor factors in a long time but they were cheap then too so you could try Maplins or Halfords.

Advertisement