Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Teacher....

Options
  • 22-02-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Howdy, for the last year or so Ive been teaching roughly 14 kids how to play drums. (When I say roughly I mean I might lose 3 and gain 2, whatever!) I was talking to a friend over the weekend who said that I could 'get my grades' and become a qualified drumteacher...does he mean that Id have to go back to 3rd level? Apparentely if I 'get my grades' as he said I could also qualify to do some session work. Id love to follow this up as the biggest kick I get is seeing some of the kids Ive thought get up on stage with their first band and rockin the house!:D So...does anybody have words of wisdom on how I could 'get my grades' and be a qualified teacher/session player? Thanks again lads...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Thanks everyone for the help thus far....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Posted in wrong section for a start.:p

But I can't really say, since I haven't dabbled with drums yet. If you had a drum teacher when you were starting off, maybe contact him/her and ask how they got them?

Im entirely self taught so I cant! Couldve sworn 'Drum teacher' had something to do with music....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Then maybe try to contact some other drum teachers? Like look for some ads or something.

And there is a musical instrument section. ;P

[edit] wth I though this was the rock/metal section, my mistake mate

OctavarIan wrote:
    Then maybe try to contact some other drum teachers? Like look for some ads or something.

And there is a musical instrument section. ;P

[edit] wth I though this was the rock/metal section, my mistake mate

Nay bothers...Ive got some info in the past couple of days too so I think alls well. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement