Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Login background image

• 22-02-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I have a person who got a pc from an other person. However there is a login background image set on it. The new person would like to get rid of it. going into HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop in the registry and then the wallpaper string value is set to (none). Which would suggest its not been set. Anyone know any other way of doing this? They are using Win2k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

are they using a program like logon studio to do this. try downloading it and change it back to what ever you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Heh yeah, I've seen this happen before alright, very good for practical jokes around the office... there should be another reg key for that wallpaper... can't remember it offhand.
    I'd say a good approach would be to search the harddrive for *.jpg/bmp/gif, flick through them, find offending article, then use that filename as your search term in regedit and you're bound to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

as stated download logon studio, its freeware and has an option to restore xp's original logon

edit:// doh! (note to self: read original post) :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

as stated download logon studio, its freeware and has an option to restore xp's original logon
    as stated, they're win2k machines. :confused:

It seems more like this is just a desktop wallpaper that appears behind the floating login box... so it belongs to no user in particular and only displays until you login. I did this before as a joke, though intending to change the users normal desktop wallpaper remotely, I changed the wrong registry path/key and caused this login background wallpaper thing instead... which actually made it funnier because he couldn't figure out how to remove it. :D
    Don't give up on the registry... if the problem is what I'm thinking it is, then it's definitely in there... it might be something as simple as belonging to the local Administrator account I can't remember exactly what it was.

Advertisement