Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picket on house in Lismore Park

• 22-02-2006 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

A local couple in Lismore Park have put a picket on their next door neighbours house in a bid to stop anti-social behaviour by the students living there .
    They are at their wits end and the owner of the house ( a woman from Wexford ) could not be contacted .
    Its a disgrace that ordinary people cant live in their own homes without geing subjected to this form of abuse, and if you complain to the students all they do is laugh at you .
    One solution I heard that works is to find out the names and home addresses of the students and next time it happens call their parents at whatever time of the night and complain , it might take a bit of research but is definitely the most effective answer .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigjigwig77

Oh be quiet you old bag!

Weren't you young once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's a difference between being young and being an idiot. Normal people will put up with the odd bit of mad behaviour, as yes...we were allyoung once...but no one should have to put up with it every week.

Bigwigjig or whatever your name is...you sound like just the kind of person that would enjoy pissing against an elderly person's window or robbing someone's wheelie bin and rolling it down a hill. Sure that's hilarious isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Oh be quiet you old bag!

Weren't you young once?

:D:D naughty but funny.

The problem as I see it is this, Waterford is the only city where the big college does not have enough space for its students. UL, UCC ucd etc all have their own suburb and it's 90% students so you don't have problems with families and students living side by side. for years wit students didn't have great accomodation prospects, only in the last few years have manor village, riverwalk gone up, and templers hall become filled with students. There's obviously lots of families who have been living in lismore park years but since the college has got bigger in last 15 years more and more houses there are taken over by students. Apparently residents from woodlawn grave intended staging a protest at graduation because of the anti-social behaviour although according to friends who graduated this was neither to be seen or heard.

You have to sympathise with locals living there, I was a student for 4 years, not in waterford, but I never made ridiculous levels of noise or disruption when I went on the beer. I think it's ridiculous though people complaining about students in general, how many students are there in wit and how many are the ones dancing on your car at 3am. Students are people, and like every group of people, a lot of them are twats. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

look at the date of the original post

meldrew wrote: »
    One solution I heard that works is to find out the names and home addresses of the students and next time it happens call their parents at whatever time of the night and complain , it might take a bit of research but is definitely the most effective answer .

There are potential legal implications to doing this, assuming the students are over 18 then they are adults and you can't go crying to their mammies and daddies asking them to control their adult children in a different county.

A much better approach, similarly involving a bit of research, would be to find out when their exams/projects are due, and likewise hold a bit of an old bash in your own house to disrupt them.
    "Noise is the Best Revenge"
    The New York Dolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

longshanks wrote: »

HaHa Classic!!!

longshanks wrote: »

:confused: why did you drag up this ancient thread bigjig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ban the idiot...and then ban him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I think it might be best to lock this as it's so old. I realise that some good replies were given so if you want to start a new thread to discuss it then please feel free to.

Bigjigwig77 banned for a week.
    Ban the idiot...and then ban him again.
    I suggest you think before you post in future.

If you have a problem with a post report it. Simple as. Consider this your warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement