Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBS / BAT / ROBOCOPY problem

Options
  • 22-02-2006 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi, I have written a logon script (in VBS) - which will download a file to client PC's - I have opted to use robocopy, but when I set it off it pops ups a DOS dialog box.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to set robocopy off without any dialog popping up.

CommandLine = LogonServer & "\NETLOGON\TEST\ROBOCOPY " & LogonServer & "\NETLOGON\UPDATES\ C:\TEMP /r:100 /NP /LOG:C:\TEMP\temp.log"

WSHShell.run(CommandLine)

As you see I have tried to get it to write to a log file rather than on screen - but I still get a empty dialog pop up :( I have searched the robocopy switches, but there does not seem to be an option to turn all reporting off.

greatfull for any help :x

*EDIT*

WSHShell.run(CommandLine) SW_HIDE, False

This seems to work, bless the internet (cant find what they mean in my VBS book mind :/ )

Advertisement