Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepers

Options
  • 22-02-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Am looking for good value in used railway sleepers. Anywhere in Ireland. Smallish quantity. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I seen sleepers in perfect condition in the garden centre in the Glen O' the Downs,

Can't remember how much, but I was taken by the quality. They were obviously never used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Thanks Martin, my friend is looking for ones "with character", i.e. used.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Just beware with used sleepers not to use them for vegetable beds or where very young children/animals might get at them, as the tar used in them can be carcinogenic and toxic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I also think they look tacky as hell,they'll be out of fashion in no time!

Good advice, I'll pass it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 dras

buy and sell website always has a few sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

nipplenuts wrote:
    Am looking for good value in used railway sleepers. Anywhere in Ireland. Smallish quantity. Can anyone advise?

Lifford, Co. Donegal. There is a builders yard selling used sleepers. Is it too far? Also available in Derry.

smashey wrote:
    Lifford, Co. Donegal. There is a builders yard selling used sleepers. Is it too far? Also available in Derry.

Do you have a contact name/number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

nipplenuts wrote:
    Do you have a contact name/number? Thanks

Josie Gallagher in Lifford 074 9141320

CS Architectural Salvage in Derry 048 71 812999

Advertisement