Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Colours?

• 22-02-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    so in my other post 'cover up' I was trying to cover up the lovely burn mark I acquired in work. Ive got a gorgus strapless dress in Monsoon. Its black and Im hoping to accessories it with black sandals/shoes. I have loads of jewellery in just about every colour but Im trying to decide what colour I shoul dgo for with the black. What colours are in at the moment>? I have a lovely red necklace I was going to wear with matching bracelet and I can do makeup to compliment or I can go with a big sparkly choker a mate has offered me and a silver and diamond (fake lol) bracelet. or I have some jewellery that has rust stones. What do you reckon - help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I personally love black with navy and turquoise. Metallics work nice too. Sarah Jessica Parker had this wonderful outfit I'm going to steal which was a plain black dress with bright turquoise shoes. Looked fab. Maybe try a turquoise sash/belt around your waist. I don't know how to wear red so can't guide you in that direction. Red and orange just don't suit me at all so I just don't know what to put with them. You could try a classic style pearl necklace? The diamond bracelet sounds nice. Silver/diamond/pearl jewellery and turquoise/navy shoes would rock with the dress in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i love turquoise/teal with black too actually!
    but otherwise i think red would look great with complimenting make up-it would really brighten up the black and give it some style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I would def go with red, red is all in at the mo, esp with black or grey clothes.

but tbh you can put any colour with a black dress. btw what colour hair do you have?

if youve brown hair i would go with the green/teal alright

if youve blonde you could go with red or silver and also gold would look fab

silver is still a big 'in' colour at the mo' have u got a silver handbag to match the jewellry? if not then a black sparkly one would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Silver and diamonds (are a lady's best friend)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Red and black just screams "Denis the Menace", Slipknot, Murderdolls and silly little Temple Bar rockers to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

have to agree - I think red and black is one of the tackiest colour combinations, second only to black and acid pink/ green/ yellow etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

hehe! the op's dress sounds classy.
    i dont think she's in any danger of looking like what you've mentioned :D whether she wears red accessories or whatever colour she decides looks best for her
    LadyLotts wrote:
    Red and black just screams "Denis the Menace", Slipknot, Murderdolls and silly little Temple Bar rockers to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

i went with the red in the end and it looked nice i think. It was a bronze chain with red enamel and bead detail - from pulse and a matching bracelet and then black shoes, bag and coat

Advertisement