Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greystones ghost story

Options
  • 22-02-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I bet all you blow-ins are too new to have heard the story about that house in the burnaby. anyone know the one I mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No, just wanted to point out that you accidentally spelt "more than welcome newcomers" as "blow-ins". I'm sure it was a simple typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

You mean the derelict one with the old woman in it,whose husband willed all he had to a cult when he died and left her peniless only giving her the house till the day she dies -thats the burnaby for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Ist that the yellowish looking house in the middle of the burnaby ?. What's the story with the ghost ? ! !.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah whats the ghost story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

Bertie wrote:
    You mean the derelict one with the old woman in it,whose husband willed all he had to a cult when he died and left her peniless only giving her the house till the day she dies -thats the burnaby for you.

Brilliant!

Go on... give us the story!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

eoin_s wrote:
    No, just wanted to point out that you accidentally spelt "more than welcome newcomers" as "blow-ins". I'm sure it was a simple typo.

LoL! :D Doubt it!!!

I know that I was born and raised in my area yet I'll always be a 'blow-in'!!! Tho' with some of the locals I'm more than happy to stay that way! :p

(and no I'm not from Greystones before anyone gets upset!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I heard something about this house, I thought that the parents had passed away. The problem is that the daughter (who the house is left to) is in one of those religious nut groups (RC, born again Christian!).

Actually it could well be the place in Newcastle, called the Watch Tower, J.Witness group that she is in and her parents didn't agree with it and there is some clause in the will that she (the daughter) can't hand the place over to them.

What I have written above could be well off the mark but it is what I heard.

Advertisement