Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Know If I Have Been Disconnected

Options
  • 22-02-2006 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi, people, I just moved my phone account from land line to internet telephony with Blueface.ie. I asked Cinergi, which was my phone company for both line rental and calls, to cancel my phone line and account. How will I know when this has happened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You stop getting bills or the there is no dial tone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

As far as I know, the process stipulates that once you port your number to a different provider, your previous provider (usually Eircom) will automatically cancel your contract.

You may still wish to contact your bank to make sure no more money is taken out of your account, as a precaution. Also give your previous provider a courtesy call to make sure there is no outstanding amount and that your account was cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I would make sure with Eircon that the line is cancelled. As was said above, if you have no dial tone it definitely is. This is how I knew mine was cancelled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

He should still have soft dialtone but not normal dialtone and be able to ring 199000 but not 1901 or 1902 if he picks up a phone. Thats all consistent with a cancel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

I did try to call 1901 and I got an automated response, looks like still I am connected.

tomorrow I will call cinergi again

Thanks for the response

• Advertisement
Advertisement