Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound Without Home Cinema System

• 22-02-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am going to buy the Samsung 32" LCD-TV LE32M61B, however I have always found the speakers and sound lacking with LCD's in-built speakers.

I want to have greater sound for just watching normal TV and not go through a DVD recorder to have to change channels, does anyone know how to achieve this with the existing connectors without having to go through a DVD recorder or home cinema surround sound system.

I have an XBOX 360 also so would not mind being able to achieve surround sound without the usual clutter of switching th different AV's, remotes, cables etc...

Hope this makes sense, cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Makes sort of sense what you are saying, however you will not get actual DD 5.1 surround sound without having all the speakers.

Have a look at the yamaha ysp 800 and expect to pay about €800...

If you just want normal stereo sound from your TV, then you can put a small hifi beside it and plug the red/white stereo RCA out leads from the TV into the AUX in on the minisystem... That will just output the stereo sound from the TV to the hifi.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Yeah understand, have done that with my tv before, i.e. the hi fi...

If I was to buy two speaker or a subwoofer with a power cable that should work also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Easy Rider wrote:
    Yeah understand, have done that with my tv before, i.e. the hi fi...

If I was to buy two speaker or a subwoofer with a power cable that should work also?

No, mainly because the tv output is not enough to power big speakers- certainly not a sub. You will have to power the speakers with an amp...

L.

Advertisement