Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a second line for smart broadband?

• 22-02-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭

Has anyone done this yet? Basically i wouldnt mind a second phone line into the house to use for business.
    Im with esat bt and pay my line rental to them ... so who do i ring now to get a second line in .. but not activated so i can get smart to activate it for free... I think its 120 for a new phone line ... is this correct and any other info that might help me then post it :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭marsdelight

could you not use a router???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

I wouldnt have a clue how to do it and what would it mean :) ... would i have like an extension number and what do i type into google to find it or what parts etc.. im quiet quick at picking things up

you can get yourself a 4 port router and hook up 4 pc/laptops with the one BB connection, no need to pay for an extra line :)

Agh no i have that and wireless set up and all that ... id like the extra phone line to use as a business line, cause i deal with people from all over the world and when the phone rings at 4am you know someone in china thinks its a great time to ring haha.

So id like an extra phone line ... im just wondering if im with esat who do i ring to get the line in and has anyone done this to get there smart line in sincee you have to change you phone number with smart anyway

PTL wrote:
    Agh no i have that and wireless set up and all that ... id like the extra phone line to use as a business line, cause i deal with people from all over the world and when the phone rings at 4am you know someone in china thinks its a great time to ring haha.

So id like an extra phone line ... im just wondering if im with esat who do i ring to get the line in and has anyone done this to get there smart line in sincee you have to change you phone number with smart anyway
    set up skype ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Smart 076

non geographic FREE numbers

Nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

PTL wrote:

Ring Smart. They should be able to order the new phone line for you from Eircom and Eircom will install it. Being with Esat/BT doesn't matter as Eircom are the only ones that can install the actual line.
    Failing that, order it from Eircom direct. Make sure that they don't just split your existing line.

I rang smart ... they told me to ring eircom ... i rang them fecking muppets eircom and they wernt impressed that im with esat and want a new line and told me i had to ring esat unless i switch back to them .. even thought its a new fecking line!!! ... i rang esat and they said 130 inc vat and 2-6 weeks to do it

i love them accurate timelines Its like the simpsons ..... will you be at home from friday 2pm this week to .... december

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

i just ordered a new line from eircom and found out that i will have to pay line rental on it till the bring broad band out in my area so i amnt the happyest person in the world right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Smart 076
    non geographic FREE numbers
    Nuff said

Absolutely. You are nuts getting a second phone line!

Go to http://www.smart076.ie where you can sign up and get your free line immediately. All you need to pay for is your new VoIP phone instrument. Calls to the US 2c per min. Germany 2.5c. Better sound quality on international calls than regular eircom landline when you use a proper VoIPphone.

The new number they allocate to you is a local call for anyone to call you from all over Ireland. Free voicemail (in addition to listening to your voicemail by dialling 171, they are e-mailed to you and can be listened to with windows media player software).

(Don't bother with the free, downloadable software phone on offer - it offers mediocre sound quality particularly in terms of what the other party hears).

probe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

To add to this. Try smart or http://www.blueface.ie or some VOIP provider. Blueface will give you an 076 and geographic number. Far cheaper and better than a second line in the long run.

Advertisement