Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slo-mo FEAR MP - Get Some

Options
  • 22-02-2006 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Right, just been playing FEAR Mp there, and brilliant as it is (still can't beat kicking someone in the face for satisfaction), one thing brings a tear to my eye.

Slo-mo TDM

Bringing back memories of the betas, I remember when all we had was 2 or a max of 3 maps, and a max of 8 players per map. The staple diet of those betas was the Slo-mo TDM. It was brilliant, the best Mp game I've ever played.
    But now, alas, search for the Slo-mo TDM servers, and you'll have a hell of a lot that are empty. One or two 7 player servers will be occupied.

I find this just plain confusing, as (I'll admit this) vanilla TDM is just like pretty much every other game's TDM (albeit with the flying kicks).
    The Slo-mo made this Mp dammit..play more Slo-mo TDM!

Anyhow, the point to this thread was this:
    Does anyone here actually play Slo-mo TDM anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

You know, I played and absolutely LOVED the betas.

But there was just something about the release version that didn't add up. It was missing a certain 'je ne sais que'. Maybe it was a lack of slo-mo servers. But I gave up on FEAR a while a go so I can't really remember.

But I agree that the beta slo-mo TDM was brilliant. I had a few moments where I had slo-mo control and activated it just as I turned a corner, opening up on the others while they wondering what "whooooooommm" noise was all about. Loved the sound of shells hitting the floor in slo-mo. T'was great...

Advertisement