Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nova Networks Wireless Cork?

• 22-02-2006 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Ive been trying to get broadband for ages but I have been told today that there is no way for me to get eircom in the forseeable future (too far from the exchange). I know I can get broadband from two wireless providers. Ibb and Nova Networks. I dont think ill get ibb because of the many,many,many complaints but I am thinking about getting nova networks.

Does anyone know anything about them or does anyone have this service? I cant find anything on the net about them. Im thinking of getting the 1mb service for 39E a month.

Thanks for any help!

Also: would this service be any good for games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

sorry if seeing a reply gets your hopes up but im afraid i cant shed anylight on this company either. im in the same situation as you. cant get any landline BB so had to turn to wireless. IBB are crap digiwebs mast is pointing away from my house or so they say amocom or something dont reach my house so that leaves Nova networks.

does anyone have any info on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I dont have it but heard nothing to good things about Novanetworks. Stay away from Ibb though

so should i stay away from them? i only have a possible 3 options
    1. stay with dial up which i dont want to do!!!!
    2. nova networks
    3. digiweb. - i can see the mast from my front door but they say that the mast is pointing south where as im on the north side of it!

what would you do?

im prob gonna get a line of sight test done with digiweb cause if i can see the bloody thing then i should be able to get it! and then resort to nova if digiweb fails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Its strange that there is no info about them on the web. When I searc for them all I get is ads for their company. Maybe the fact that I cant find any complaints about them means their good? Or else maybe they have absolutely no customers. Hopefully someone can shed some light!

where abouts in cork are you? ive had similar experiences as you. its really annoying me at this stage cause i really want BB. for me its between nova and digiweb but im not sure if digiweb can provide it for me or not cause their mast is pointing away from my house.

ya i doubt they'va many customers so that could be a good thing cause you will get better support hopefully!

good luck with the quest for BB

• Advertisement

If you can get Metro Service by digiweb do, i've had it for 4 months now... constant 2.8mb download and 400k upload......... If not then go for NovaNetworks i have used there service before in someone's house and its very stable so its a hard one to call. but ibb is a no no...so you have 2 choices.......Metro/Nova.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

IM living about a mile and a half outside togher on the west side. Ive been in contact with nova networks and I got a reply from the managing director telling me I can get it. I have been told I cant get digiweb so it looks like ill have to go for nova. Id like some solid info on them first though.

ya id like to go for metro over nova due to the better speeds so hopefully im within range being about 3km from the mast i should be and i live on high ground so that should go in my favour too. if not nova seems like a pretty good option but id prefer a bit more info on them first. its a 12 month contract which is a big commitment if its a bad service.

If you can get Metro Service by digiweb do, i've had it for 4 months now... constant 2.8mb download and 400k upload......... If not then go for NovaNetworks i have used there service before in someone's house and its very stable so its a hard one to call. but ibb is a no no...so you have 2 choices.......Metro/Nova.....

where bouts in cork are you? southside?

Yeah on boreenamana R.d

blocparty wrote:
    where bouts in cork are you? southside?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

He has three FURTHER wireless choices PowerHouseDan

Amocom cover as far as Holy Hill to the north , at least they Claim to and Com1 and Magnet are also operational in Cork with Wireless .

The latter two have 3.5Ghz licences in Cork city .

Cormac

Amocom = Too Expensive
    Com1 = Expensive
    Magnet= Seem good prices etc but no nothing about them

Sponge Bob wrote:
    He has three FURTHER wireless choices PowerHouseDan

Amocom cover as far as Holy Hill to the north , at least they Claim to and Com1 and Magnet are also operational in Cork with Wireless .

The latter two have 3.5Ghz licences in Cork city .

Cormac

Advertisement