Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slightly off topic

Options
  • 23-02-2006 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I just got an email off PWC informing me that I have an interview next Tuesday for their summer internship(business advisory). Has anyone ever done this? any tips or advice?

All comments welcome

So delighed to have gotten this!

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

It depends. I know lads that have gone in to do Summer internships with big 4 firms and ****ed around doing nothing very interesting all Summer (photo-copying etc). They still had a laugh though, and both got jobs with them after college.

I know people who secure 9 month placements (Jan-Sept) as part of their 3rd year in college actually go out on site and do audits as if they were there full time.

My advice would be go to the interview prepared, find out what you would actually be doing, if you get offered the place worry about it then.

If you are not planning on going abroad for the Summer you could do alot worse than actually getting some college related experience, as opposed to just working in the local supermarket or something.

Advertisement