Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a laptop connect to my BB connection

• 23-02-2006 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭

I am trying to connect a laptop to my bb connection using USB or ethernet.

Even though it says it is connect i can't surf

Can someone help.

Laptop has been used for dial up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Go into internet explorer properties and in connections select "never dial a connection".
    Go to control panel -->Network connections. Right click on your network connection and select properties. Double click on "internet protocol(TCP/IP).
    Make sure that "obtain IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS automatically" are selected.
    It is recommended that you reboot your PC after making changes to network settings.
    Who is your ISP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭Trampas

Still can't get it to connect even though it is saying connected.

I am on BT BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Have you got other computers running of the router via cable??If you do make sure they are not connected via wireless to cos that messes up the connection on some routers? What version of windows is on the laptop? If its xp or 2000, go to start menu> type cmd> hit enter> type ipconfig and make sure you are getting 3 IP addresses. If you are getting 3 its a prob with the laptop, if you are not getting them its a prob with the router or ISP, i'd presume

Advertisement