Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another car tax question...

Options
  • 23-02-2006 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

I bought a car recently and have had a few things to sort out before getting insured and getting it taxed.It ran out of tax end of january. Now that i have my insurance coming through 2moro. What do i need to do to get the car taxed. I have the form from the guards saying its been unused from the 1st of feb till now. Do i send this off when i apply for the tax? Im lost at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I presume you received the new Vehicle Registration Cert from Shannon stating you are the new registered owner?

I think if you have a form from the garda stating the car was off the road that you actually have to produce this in person at your local motor tax office with the Vehicle Registration Cert and they will issue you with the new tax disc from the begining of this month.

I am not sure if they will accept the garda form in the post to be honest. You could ring the Motor Tax Devision in Shannon to verify this before doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

cheers baz. Yeh i have my vehicle reg cert. Ill travel into town 2day or 2moro and just join the Q! It will take a while,but it has to be done.

Advertisement