Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV BB Issues

• 23-02-2006 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Ive been with Utv broadband for over a year now and because it is primarily a business used line, i odnt worry about the caps etc. It was very good up until the 14th december when it was down and up constantly until after xmas. After a load of phone calls they told me "we've logged the complaint with eircom and it appears the line is perfect and its a problem with the hardware". I changed all my microfilters and got a brand new wireless router.

Things stayed the same, i contacted UTV and got the same reply. Things got better again for a while but its CRAP after about midnight at night. The dsl light on my router keeps dropping and returning a minute later constantly, as i said especially at night. I contacted UTV again and they logged the complaint with eircom. Still no fix.

What can I do? I am thinking that if eircom cant find a problem with the line there may be no point on moving my broadband to another bb supplier which uses the eircom line.

What are my options for RELIABLE broadband that I can use with my current set up (wireless router etc).

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Perish the thought, but maybe if you switched to Eircom the problem might go away;) .
    Is Smart available to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Surely its a line problem and the eircom situation will be the same?

What about BT or NTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

cooper_man wrote:
    Surely its a line problem and the eircom situation will be the same?

What about BT or NTL.
    My point is that maybe they would be a bit more inclined to sort out any problem with the line if you were their customer and paying them.
    NTL if it's available to you would be the best option.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cooper_man wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Ive been with Utv broadband for over a year now and because it is primarily a business used line, i odnt worry about the caps etc. It was very good up until the 14th december when it was down and up constantly until after xmas. After a load of phone calls they told me "we've logged the complaint with eircom and it appears the line is perfect and its a problem with the hardware". I changed all my microfilters and got a brand new wireless router.

What are my options for RELIABLE broadband that I can use with my current set up (wireless router etc).

Thanks guys

Just a wild shot dont suppose you have satellite tv by any chance?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054893971

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

I do have satellite tv but its not connected to my telephone line

• Advertisement
Advertisement