Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Suggestion ***

Options
  • 23-02-2006 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Can people posting in here use:

LINK - Joke Thread Title here

in the thread title if they are linking to other sites as their jokes? Very annoying to see all the http://www.whateversite.com/joke.wmv after clicking into a joke when a 56k modem peaks at 14.4k on its connection if ya catch my drift... :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Yeah, I'm getting sick of all the ****ing links being posted here. I don't want to have to go to another ****ing website. What happened to the simple text-joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Are you talking about a sorta thing like [Link]Thread Name[Link] to show thats its a link to a video and not just text?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

But this is the funniest one so far this year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Danno wrote:

in the thread title if they are linking to other sites as their jokes? Very annoying to see all the http://www.whateversite.com/joke.wmv after clicking into a joke when a 56k modem peaks at 14.4k on its connection if ya catch my drift... :(

emmmmm.....

NO! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think he means Putting a tag on the thread title i.e. [Link]Fat guy falls over[Link]
    will let you know that there is a link to an external video/picture within the thread instead of just text. Like they do with spoilers on the lost Forum.

I could be completly off tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Link doesn't work:confused:

:v:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Link isn't a tag that is meant to work

Just like in the Lost forums you would have "Season 2 Ep 14 [**SPOILERS**]"

That kind of thing

I don't think there would be loads of point in that anyway (and I have T1 internet speeds anyway :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Danno wrote:

Hover before you open, that gives an inkling on what's waiting inside the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

biko wrote:
    Hover before you open,

:eek: :eek:

Like the ladies do in da bushes when no bogs are nearby at open air festivals....? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Someone's been drinking !

Advertisement