Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

too many nonmail commands error in Outlook

• 23-02-2006 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

hi Guy's

A friend of mine is getting a strange error when trying to send a excel spreadsheet with some macro's in it, they can send all other types of attachment's including spreadsheets without macros.

the error that they get returned is "too many nonmail commands"

i got the guy's that provide the mail service to check their server and they say that this is an issue with outlook

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You could always try zipping the spreadsheet before attaching it.
    It may mask the macros from your mail program and allow it to be sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

the friend that i am doing it for is not the most technically adept so the less confusion re: zipping and unzipping the better

That is a work around that i was thinking of but will only use as a last resource.

Ideally i would like to have a solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Zip it as a self extracting file. The recipient only has to double click it. They don't even have to have zip installed on their pc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hagar wrote:
    Zip it as a self extracting file. The recipient only has to double click it. They don't even have to have zip installed on their pc.
    Don't forget that most companies would block exe's.

Outlook 2000 SP3 and later block many files at the recipients end. Try renaming it from EvilMacros.XLS to ReNameMeToXLS.XXX and asking the person at the other end to guess what..

Since the windows default is to hide extensions, (why is beyond me because so many files like OST's and PST's share the same icon and any Trojan can look like any other file ) you may have to go through that too.

Advertisement