Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dealer kept tax cert

Options
  • 23-02-2006 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

i traded in my car, had problems with the new one, so dealer agreed to give me a full refund, and give me back my car

he says he has sent off the tax cert of the new car to get it put in my name, and he will only give me back the tax cert, once he has the new cars cert back

i agreed that this was fair enough, but now i want to trade in my car again and am still waiting

is he allowed to keep my cert and how long will it take for the new one to come back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mukki wrote:
    i traded in my car, had problems with the new one, so dealer agreed to give me a full refund, and give me back my car

he says he has sent off the tax cert of the new car to get it put in my name, and he will only give me back the tax cert, once he has the new cars cert back

i agreed that this was fair enough, but now i want to trade in my car again and am still waiting

is he allowed to keep my cert and how long will it take for the new one to come back

It usually takes about 2 weeks to receive the tax cert. As your situation is not normal it may take a little bit longer for the people in the Motor Tax office to process this.

You could always ring the Motor Tax Division in Shannon and explain the situation to them, they should be able to tell you if they have received the details from the dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

bazz26 wrote:
    It usually takes about 2 weeks to receive the tax cert. As your situation is not normal it may take a little bit longer for the people in the Motor Tax office to process this.

You could always ring the Motor Tax Division in Shannon and explain the situation to them, they should be able to tell you if they have received the details from the dealer.

thanks for that

2 weeks do'h

anyone know if what the garage is doing is legal????

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can't see what good hanging on to your licensing cert will do them, maybe they don't want you to go to another garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

nah i think his reason is that if i have both car certs i can send a mate in to test drive the car then sell it

Advertisement