Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst company voicemail system?

Options
  • 23-02-2006 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

After hanging on for over ten minutes on occasion, I nominate Eircom as the worst voicemail system in Ireland.
    Anyone have any other nominations, or know of cheats to get around the system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

I would have to agree with your nomination, that Eircom one is definitely the worst....was stunned to hear that they won a Customer Care award for implementing it.....

I think you can say "Agent" at any point to get connected to a human. Its been a while since I've been an Eircom customer though! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

govinda wrote:
    I would have to agree with your nomination, that Eircom one is definitely the worst....was stunned to hear that they won a Customer Care award for implementing it.....

I think you can say "Agent" at any point to get connected to a human. Its been a while since I've been an Eircom customer though! ;-)

I once swore at the eircom customer service guy answering machine, and got a reply back ' sorry, I did not understand you, I'll try to connect you to someone who does'

Amazingly, I then got out through to a CS rep (although they werent any help either!!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

eircom = just keep saying words it doesnt understand..it soon gives up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

govinda wrote:

Agent still works.

I said bollox to it and it thought i was reporting a fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Vodafone. Because you never get off it.

Or Apple, as you get to the Indian girl called "Fanny" who's less helpful then the automated system :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I hate the Eircom one also, I prefer the press 1 for X service, etc.

Sky's can be rather tedious too, when ya have to ring it regurlarly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Electroplus in Dublin. If you actually follow the steps it reccomends it cuts you off
    > everytime. So you have to select an option that's not relevant to you and then ask the person to transfer you to the right department!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Aviator55 wrote:
    After hanging on for over ten minutes on occasion, I nominate Eircom as the worst voicemail system in Ireland.
    Anyone have any other nominations, or know of cheats to get around the system?

Ticketmaster.

I wanted to get tickets in a specific area of a block and it kept giving me the ones nearest to the front in that block.
    I don't mind being a few rows back as long as I'm in the middle. Whatever I did, it just didn't give up.
    It has the voice recognition thing too.

I rang customer services, who claim you can't book tickets with them, just ask questions, but they took my details and booked the tickets for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Eircom - they have that HORRIBLE voice recognition system that just pisses me off to no end....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Check this out, saw it on CNBC Europe last night

http://www.gethuman.com/

Trying to get customer services back to people - people!

Should set up an Irish one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Dell - Call to them>routed to India>routed to Germany>routed to England>routed to Ireland So I go through three countries to get back to an Irish rep..

And then they got the order wrong and installed their host of junk spam to the new laptop - that I 'Specifically' requested that they not do....

Microsoft? forget it!

And Eircom? Do they actually have any custmers left? I can't see how considering there abysmal services and pricing and some set of clowns are trying to buy it!

*shakes head in wonderment* :D

Advertisement