Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bonnet Release on a 97 Saxo?

Options
  • 23-02-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Help! :confused:

Luckily this is an anonymous forum because I have to ask this stupid question!

I have no idea how to open the bonnet of my car!? It's a 97 Citroen Saxo and I think it's supposed to have an internal release button. But where?

If anyone has a clue please let me know.
    Can't believe I can't find it and I have the car for X amount of time!!

THANKS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hehe.

Usually the bonnet release catch is in the footwell of the driver's side, close to the door. Reach in under the dashboard (under the steering wheel), and look for a handle. You may be better off getting right down and looking in.

If the Citroen is anything like my French car (Peugeot) the manufacturer is too lazy/arrogant to convert the entire vehicle for driving on the left, and the handle will be in the passenger side footwell. Either way it should be in the manual.

Once you've released the bonnet, there's a secondary catch on the outside (in case someone pulls the internal level when you're doing 120kph on the motorway). You need to lift the bonnet slightly, and feel around for a second catch, it's usually just off-centre.

Advertisement