Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CaseMod] Dark Angel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It's good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

seen that a while back.. his photography is fantastic.. I should put a bit more effort into mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Its decent engraving alright, but compare the finished result to his original photoshoped mock up and its a bit dissapointing - compared with what it could have looked like if it had been laser engraved. Its a good ad for what can be done with a steady hand and some patience.

Have you taken the plunge with your engraving yet Syxpak?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Working on the image in my spare time, of which I have little of. I've solified my ideas into two or three choices though :)
    Nowhere seems to do laser engraved plexi in sizes larger than 12x14", I need something bigger that 300x300mm to give me some space to play with. A spare sidepanel or two for my black STC01 stacker wouldn't go amiss either.
    Getting a spare case to hold my bits when I go to spray and finish my interior. Then case window (have a few extra tricks I'm going to be trying with this), lighting, baybus and tidying up.
    Might I borrow your dremel-tool at some stage? I need to trim a bit on my case. *might* cut my own window-hole too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Yeah like i said last time, your welcome to borrow my jcb dremel clone !
    Although I'm only in galway every fortnight or so , i've moved to limerick for the next year and a half with worko - just give me a bit of notice when ya want it.

I'm going to have to cut myself a window in the original side panel, the akasa windowed panel isnt thick enough for engraving and just replacing the plexi is a bigger job than starting from scratch I reckon. Got a nice image, and photoshopped it to suit, but after seeing some of the stuff being produced now I reckon I need something more detailed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement