Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coaxial to Optical converter (for Dolby Digital)

• 23-02-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

I have a Sky+ box and want to be able to take advanrage of Dolby Digital on Sky movies. The + box outputs the Dolby signal through digital optical, however my home cinema system (Phillips LX3900) only has a digital coaxial input. I have heard that you can buy converters which convert an optical signal to a coaxial one. However I have also heard that these converters dont actually convert, they wouldn't actually convert a optical signal containing Dolby Digital to a coaxial signal with Dolby Digital, they would change the optical Dolby to stereo sound when it reaches the coaxial.

I hope someone can understand my problem. If anyone has any experience with these things or knows of any other way which I could get an optical to coaxial Dolby Digital signal I would appreciate the info. Thanks in advance for any helpful posts.

Comments

Advertisement