Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spybot help

• 23-02-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey, i just downloaded spybot to rid my pc of any crap on it and it brought up a list of items but i'm not sure which ones to delete or keep. Tried the help section of it and it doesnt show anything really about whats safe and unsafe to delete. Anyone know what i should do??
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Post it up here and we might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sauv

ok is there any way i can post up the exact screenshot so you know exactly what it is?? if so how?

the list is...

- AzeSearch
    - DyFuCa.internetoptimiser
    - DyFuCa
    - EffectiveBandToolbar
    - ISearchTech.powerscan
    - ISearchTech.YSB
    - PSGaurd
    - Smitfraud-C.
    - Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify
    - Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

sauv wrote:
    the list is...

- AzeSearch
    - DyFuCa.internetoptimiser
    - DyFuCa
    - EffectiveBandToolbar
    - ISearchTech.powerscan
    - ISearchTech.YSB
    - PSGaurd
    - Smitfraud-C.
    - Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify
    - Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify
    I googled them, they are all spyware except the last two which seemingly are a result of some spyware messing up your windows security center settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

The last two may be your anti-virus/internet security program taking over these roles and switching off the Security Centre notification. What anti-virus program is installed? the rest is definitely spyware and should be removed.

• Advertisement

i'm using norton AV 2005

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

sauv wrote:
    Hey, i just downloaded spybot to rid my pc of any crap on it
    sauv wrote:
    i'm using norton AV 2005
    /must overcome urge to comment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Ok as far as I know norton does this. Other boardsies will correct me if im wrong. At any rate you can control the notification in the Security Centre ie turn on notification for antivirus and firewall status

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Yep you can remove everything but the last 2 no problem.

Even if anything does stop working you can fix this because spybot does not actually delete anything, it just quarantines it. You can use the recovery tool to restore whatever you remove.

Advertisement