Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing

Options
  • 23-02-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right place, apologies to mods if not.

Looking for a video editing software on the line of Microsoft Movie Maker, but with more options etc. Can anyone recomend one?

Tks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i got cyberlink powerdirector/powerProducer and so forth when i got a new graphics card. seems fairly similar to MS movie maker. no idea if it's better worse but you could do a bit of research

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Power director and producer are pretty good, but Veeeery Slow. Producer is nice and simple to use but doesn't have a lot of the options you'll want if you start doing DVD's regularly.

Am currently experimenting with Sonic DVDit Pro, MyDVD, and Adobe Premiere Pro. MyDVD is simple like Producer, but a lot faster. DVDit Pro is a lot more powerful, but a little bit non-obvious, and not as fast as I'd like.
    Adobe is scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Pinacle 8 i found perfect, not too complicated yet lots of nice easy features. Have already tried adobe and sony vegas and found pinacle to be excellent.

Btw stay clear of pinacle 9, I had to return it cause it frooze every single time during rendering and so had a lot of customers on there forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭kirving

I have studio 8, it great, no problems with it. I dont use it often, but when i do its easy to use, and although I havent tried any others (apart from movie maker) I would recommend it.

Advertisement