Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe Specs ('02 - '06)?

Options
  • 23-02-2006 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a used Hyundai Coupe and was wondering if anyone knows about changes/upgrades to the design or specs of the new model over the last 4 years?

I know the basic design hasn't changed since 2002 but were there any noticeable upgrades/additions which would make a certain year better than another?

Also, I heard they will be introducing a new model soon. Has anyone heard anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

www.parkers.co.uk has all the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Cheers, great link. Plenty of info all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No real changes until late 2004 when the car got a moderate facelift. Mainly clear tinted front headlights, clear side indicators and redesigned rear light cluster. It also received a sleeker front bumper and side skirts. Very minimum changes to the interior also. Silver effect plastic on the dashboard and doors, upgraded stereo system and half leather seats were made standard. No alterations made to the engine line up afaik, still had the 1.6, 2.0 and 2.7 litre petrol units.

I don't think an all new model is due until towards the end of 2007 or early 2008.

This is the 2002 - 2004 model:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=369617

This is the facelifted late 2004 - present model:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=370144

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Fantastic!

Yeah very slight changes all right... but enough to make the 2004 model a clear winner I think :)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Stay away from the 1.6 only for cruising.

2.0L is the better performer.

The car actually has a bigger turning radius than the Santa Fee. So its not design for city driving really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Top Gear mentioned the BHP for 2.7 version was only about 170, is that right?

EDIT: Actually, it's 165! I get close to that out of my 1.6 Honda.

blastman wrote:
    Top Gear mentioned the BHP for 2.7 version was only about 170, is that right?

EDIT: Actually, it's 165! I get close to that out of my 1.6 Honda.

The 2.7 V6 is the same unit found in the Sonata, Santa Fe and Trajet. It is not very refined and is thirsty. The 1.6 is good for urban driving plus is cheap to insure and tax. The 2.0 is the best of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on what you're gonna do with it, most people'l be happy with the 1.6. even though it doesn't fit with the desired image of the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

My aunt drives the 1.6 2002-2004 which is quite nice. It is only a 1.6 but its quite pokey believe it or not, It won't struggle. Very nippy for normal driving, I know.. Me and my dad have taken it out. But I say it wouldn't do any harm to have the 2L in that. But all I am saying is, Do not judge the 1.6 Unless you have driven in it. But by no means am I saying its " Fast ".

Hj

I've driven the 1.6, 2.0 and 2.7 Coupe's, and none of them is particularly quick, suppose the 1.6 makes the most sense

• Advertisement

Exactly. Sure looking on carzone 19/20 coupe's are 1.6L FXs. 165BHp from a 2.7L V6 is quite patethic tbh. But Im just saying the 1.6 Is fine.

Hj

the 1.6 actually sounds good at idle and up to about 1500rpm there's a nice burble out of it

Yeah noticed that, Its that chunky exhaust at the back ;)

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I toyed with the idea of a Hyundai Coupe for a while (amongst others) before deciding on the bmw but i'd agree with Colm neither the 1.6 or 2.0 is particularly quick.

As mentioned above the turning circle is bloody awful too. Great looking car though but strictly for posing. Ride quality was fairly harsh too i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 monwoh

colm_mcm wrote:
    the 1.6 actually sounds good at idle and up to about 1500rpm there's a nice burble out of it

hi

i just bought a 2003 coupe, and was wondering if anyone knows if the headlights on the new 2005-2006 model can be bought and fitted to the 2003 one??

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah they can. They're exactly the same shape/size etc. They're very expensive though if you're going to a Hyundai dealer, and I haven't seen them anywhere else. You could try a breakers' I suppose but headlights are fairly likely to be broken there anyway!

Below is the new 2007 Coupe which is a heavy facelift of the current model:

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_207040_5.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_207038_5.jpg[/URL]

tasty! front end reminicent of the original.

Advertisement