Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nations Cup this weekend

Options
  • 23-02-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

England, Scotland, Wales, Holland, Ireland and Northern Ireland take part in the Nations Cup this weekend in Cornwall.

The Ireland teams are as follows:

Republic of Ireland: Gareth Gray, Anto McCracken, Jack McKenna, Martin McCloskey, Jason Cullen and Steve McDonnell.

Northern Ireland: John Elder, Paul Watton, Brendan Dolan, Stephen Rennie, Davy Glenn and Daniel McDonald.

England's team is: Martin Adams (Captain :D ), Mervyn King, Tony Eccles, Tony O’Shea, Steve Farmer (county player), John Walton

Wales havent much in the way of big names: Phil Evans, Robert Hughes, Martin Phillips, Dale Pinch, Wayne Warren, Mark Webster

Not sure about Scotland and Holland, other than they should both be quite strong and Klaasen is playing with the Dutch.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think this competition is realistically only between England Scotland and Holland because on papaer they should have by far the better sides. Irelands only well known player is Jack McKenna. Hopefully the lads can put on a good show though but for me its hard to look past the English or Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Ireland and Norn Iron both lost to Wales in the group stages. Ireland beat Northern Ireland 13-12 to advance to the semis.

In the other group England beat Scotland, the Dutch beat England and Scotland beat Holland. On leg diffierence, England topped the group with the Scots second.

Ireland went 5-1 down in the best of 25 leg semi-final against England, then they were 8-2 behind. They mounted a great comeback, but finally went down 13-11.

Scotland also made the final, and were 12-8 down before mounting a stirring comeback to bring it back to 12-12 and down to the final leg between Mike Veitch and Tony O'Shea - with O'Shea winning the cup for England.

For Ireland, Gareth Grey had an overall record of won 9 legs, lost 5 (beat Tony O'Shea). Martin McCloskey was 9-6 (beat King and Adams), Anthony McCracken was 8-7 (beat O'Shea) and Steve McDonnell was 3-2 (beat Adams and O'Shea). Jack McKenna and Jason Cullen fared less well.

http://www.worlddartsplaza.nl/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

good showing from the irish boys so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I must admit I am a bit surprised that the Irish lads performed so well. Hopefully it bodes well for the future of Irish Darts

Advertisement