Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vistas of Azeroth...

Options
  • 23-02-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I've been messing around creating panoramic shots of interesting areas of Azeroth these past few days, putting my holiday time to excellent and productive use. What's the opinion?

Vistas of Azeroth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fantastic, they look flawless to my (untrained) eye.

Nice work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Do you have a larger version of the darkshire one? It's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Hit the "All Sizes" button on its page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Very very nice work indeed.

Thanks all. If anyone has requests for in-game shots, please let me know as I'm always willing to try something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

very very nice :) do you have one of Thunderbluff?

I might at some point. The problem with a lot of areas is that there's either no good angle to take shots from or there's simply nothing interesting there if there is a good position. Take Orgrimmar. I was a good three hours trying to find a good angle on Org. There's lots of buildings and the like there, but there's no big "stand out" place such as the banks in both Ironforge and the Undercity.

The Undercity is an annoyance. Its of a similar layout as Ironforge, except that its much smaller scaled. Indeed, other than the central core of the city, there really isn't anything there worth taking shots of as you don't have much in the way of sprawling vistas. Ditto that for Stormwind. There just isn't many places where you can take "wow, kickass!" shots of the city.

Hmm, the same stands for most Horde towns as they're crappy little armed camps.

try standing outside stockades and looking towards the keep?

I tried that. I'll put up the results later (I'm on the laptop now) but eh, I got a nice vista of the canals, which don't look too shiny.

Thunderbluff and Stormwind, as requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

oooh that is very nicely done :) How long does it take you to do one of these?

About an hour each, but like I said on the page, I'm nowhere near happy with the Thunderbluff one.

get 60 noob ;D

I already have a geared Warlock so nyah. :p

I've work started on a much better shot of Thunderbluff. Took me an hour to find a good angle - Far Sight is a life saver, folks. I'll finish it after I've had some food.

Advertisement