Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transferring music to Nokia 6230i...HELP

• 23-02-2006 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi folks!

Has anyone managed to do this successfully - via cable connection?
    Can't seem to save/copy tracks to the 'music studio' in Nokia Audio Manager.

For Instance, I’m in Nokia Audio Manager, (in the music studio). I click on the ‘add’ button. Drop down menu directs me to where my music is saved:
    Desktop/ My Documents/ My Music/ Artist name*/ Album name*

When I click on the file name (album name) dialog box and highlight the album then click ‘open’ nothing happens.

Sorry if this is confusing!!

Any help appreciated.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

don't bother with the audio manager. just use the file manager and transfer the songs the way you would any file.

or just accept when it says "use phone as data storage device" and you dont need to use the pc suite at all. it'll show up as a drive in my computer and you can drag the songs in that way

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mickeyluv

Thanks, Commander.

I was able to do this, but only 4 songs moved before the drive appeared as full! Plus, when I went into the actual phone to play the tunes it said that the files were not supported.

Trying to figure it out now, thanks for the help!

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what format are the files? the phone doesn't support wma. only mp3 and aac. i had that problem with a card before. it said itwas full when it wasn't. you'll have to format the card but don't do it in the phone. do it in a memory card reader or a camera.

are you sure you're putting them on the memory card and not the phone memory? using the phone as a data storage device automatically puts them on the card but if you're using the file manager you have to go into the card and drag them there.

come to think of it what size is the card? if its the one that came with the phone, 4 songs sounds about right

Advertisement