Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers?

Options
  • 23-02-2006 3:47pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, figured I'd get this started a bit in advance so we can sort through all the "would love to but can't as I have an appointment to masturbate a llama"-type replies out of the way.

Next week will see the first friday of March.
    This is also my birthday weekend.

Therefore, I say we should all go and get thoroughly pissed. Especially since I have the friday and the monday off.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'd love to but can't as I have an appointment to masturbate a llama..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If it's Boris the Llama rymus has an appointment with, there'll be hell to pay. Or Emmanuelle.

(I'll be away next Friday. Back Saturday but don't know when I'll be ready for beer.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That sounds good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Ken Shabby wrote:
    (I'll be away next Friday. Back Saturday but don't know when I'll be ready for beer.)

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

God I'm so tempted...
    I'd be so broke though...

Hmmm. Mebbe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i shall be sat in tesco for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Count me in. I'll be working until 8 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm (provisionally*) meeting some friends for drinks on Friday so I doubt I'll be around :(

*=General plans have been made but not yet confirmed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

no can do, have to go to a CD Launch in the Cuiscín Lán... Would join you all afterwards if I didn't have work at 7 the following morning.
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Happy B-day, Fysh! Unfortunately, I am unable to drink atm. :(

How I miss sweet sweet beer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmm. Looks like everyone + dog is pretty busy this weekend so it'd make more sense to reschedule to another weekend...any preferences?

How about a great big Paddy's Day piss-up the following week?

Having it on or around Paddy's Day would be too predictable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, why not. The Pre-Paddy's Piss-Up, the weekend of the 10th. Sounds like a plan to me. (There's going to be folk from another board I frequent around that weekend too, so we may as well amalgamate both groups for one Great Big Pissup.)

Any takers?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there's a chance ill be late due to work, but we'll see what can be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

how about the Freakscene Birthday Party on Wednesday MArch 15th? Should be deadly, I'm going to that!

So, when suits people? This Friday, this Saturday, or next wednesday?

(I'm up for the Freakscene birthday thing and either day suits me, just wondering if anyone else is going to turn up or not...adam, what do you reckon - 5ish in the Phoenix as usual?)

Wednesday wouldn't really be my thing but Friday or Saturday sounds good.

John, nobody asked about your thing, now put it away before you have someone's eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm off drink for Lent, so I'm going to avoid all the slagging for my non-drinking and opt out.. 5 1/2 weeks to go!!

I might be late. I have to work and I can't leave too early cos I'm going in late :)

• Advertisement

So, has it been decided when we're meeting?

Fysh wrote:
    adam, what do you reckon - 5ish in the Phoenix as usual?)
    Love to, but 'tis not to be this month. I'll hook up with ye on the 7th of April. (Actually I have it in my head that I'm supposed to be doing something around then, but whatever, drink will be had.)

adam

Gah. Feels like I have a cold coming on again so looks like I'll be out this time round. Sorry guys, I feel guilty bailing after bugging people to get out and drink, but I know if I go boozing this will stick around for weeks rather than days. Next time, gadget, next time!

I'm going to be stuck in work until late too. :( I've been perfecting my bollock scratching technique for weeks and all of a sudden I'm swamped.

.....I think I have an RSI.

Advertisement