Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PostGrad Applications...

Options
  • 23-02-2006 4:06pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any particular advice around postgrad applications and so forth. I'm thinking of the H.Dip in psychology in particular, it's in a few places (UCD,TCD, UCC & NUIG). E.g. http://www.ucd.ie/psychology/pgcourses/hdip.html

The personal statement, show why you're interested, talk yourself up but don't lie! Anything else? Relevant work experience etc. Is it good to read about what the special interests the staff and see if any of those match your own interests in the field rather than stating your general interest?

I suppose the main thing is to get the application sorted and worry about interviews later, they don't call anyone for an interview anyway. I'm thinking of applying anyway and even if I don't get it it's best to get some practice at the application etc rather than going into it blindly next year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

There's a psychology forum in Sci where you could ask this question also, could get a better response. Hopefully you'll get one here too though :)

Advertisement