Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreads

Options
  • 23-02-2006 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey everyone
    Last week i got dreads which if i say so myself look pretty cool but the problem is i dont konw what products to use to wash them. It seems really expensive to order residue free shampoos over the internet. Does anyone know of any good shampoos available to buy in the shops over here????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Eh i think you have the wrong forum, this is tattoos & bodypiercing:
    but wouldnt have a clue where to get the residue free shampoos, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Try Fashion/Appearance, there was a really long thread on dreads there a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

You dont wash proper dreads, you gotta get em knotty, so you end up a "natty dredd", a clean dread is not a happy dread. Lots of beeswax and you will have to get used to the idea that your body looks after itself and doesn't really need shampoo, the hairs oils will clean it naturally.
    Get used to the idea of smelling of "hair" for want of a better word, it bothers some "sensitive" people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emalosta

thanks for the advice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

every couple of months i some times use a bit of ecover washing up liguid its good cos then it has that sort of raw squeeky clean kinda thing and it knots a little easier but you'll get 100s of opinions on this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Blub2k4 wrote:
    You dont wash proper dreads, you gotta get em knotty, so you end up a "natty dredd", a clean dread is not a happy dread. Lots of beeswax and you will have to get used to the idea that your body looks after itself and doesn't really need shampoo, the hairs oils will clean it naturally.
    Get used to the idea of smelling of "hair" for want of a better word, it bothers some "sensitive" people.
    to my knowlage if dreads are done right the cleaner they are the faster they tighten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Patricide wrote:
    to my knowlage if dreads are done right the cleaner they are the faster they tighten.

Dreads are matted hair most of the work is done with beeswax, I never had them myself but my brother wore them for about 10 years and they were mighty fine white mans dreads with some of the dreads being almost 2 inches thick at points, mostly towards the bottom as towards the top they would break and get thin.
    He used stand under the shower with them but never used soap on them to my knowledge.

Advertisement