Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF ads still being displayed

Options
  • 23-02-2006 4:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

What's up with that?

S.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

christmas will be upon us in 10 months,
    to break all previous records, we have decided to start early this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Be good, the elves are watching...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

On a related note, make advertising on boards.ie more accessible to regulars. In fact, why don't you (admins) make it entirely to be used by members? Pay forty quid or so to have a banner ad in rotation for a week or two?

As it stands I expect you make feck-all from advertising through star-adserver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I would pay the €50 per year sub, if i knew boards would be quicker. This is easily the slowest board i have ever seen

Is it all because of the adds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

If everyone subscribed, Boards wouldn't need ads to keep ticking over. The speed of Boards varies for different people and isn't all based on how fast it is on the server side. Granted, there have been problems recently, but IMO the community aspect of Boards and the general atmosphere more than makes up for a little slowness here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be putting up new house banners soon. To be fair we often have put up community banners and ads for things sent to us by people from Boards.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

CuLT wrote:
    On a related note, make advertising on boards.ie more accessible to regulars. In fact, why don't you (admins) make it entirely to be used by members? Pay forty quid or so to have a banner ad in rotation for a week or two?

I would support this, god knows my site needs a bit more traffic

Advertisement