Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Wales this sunday..... looking for advice

Options
  • 23-02-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

im heading up to the match this sunday, and i've never been to Landsdowne road before and i was wondering if people could suggest the best places to gather before the match, and what are the best pubs to drink in...... Were being dropped in Westmoreland Street and we'll be making our way to Landsdowne Road by foot.... Are their any good bars along thee route. best places to get food (were arriving at about 10 - 10.30 am, so we'll be looking for breakfast)

Any other useful bits of info would be apprichated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hi Dinjo

Hope you enjoy the stay. Westmoreland street is city centre so you are about 30/35 minute casual stroll to the game. There are a lot of pubs you can have a beer in before the game, but note that the ones closer to the ground may not do food as they are usually too busy.
    Ballsbridge is very close to the ground and some good pubs up there are
    Bellamys( a bit snobbish),Crowes,Mary Macs/Paddy Cullens, Horse show house all good pubs and all very much side by side.
    There is also the Ringsend, again right beside the ground. Pubs there are Clarkes,The Vintage ( the better of 3 or 4 in that location)
    Sandymount is close also and the 2 pubs there are Sandymount House. Oreillys.
    Bath Avenue is again right beside the ground, pubs in that location are
    Slatery's,Rums D4, Lansdowne Bar, Murrays, Beggars Bush, plus a few more.
    I am sure you see from my post that your choice for a drink in almost endless, personally I think the Bath Avenue/Ballsbridge areas are the best for a pre match beer.

Hope it helps, and we win

Chef

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Don't walk get the Dart and be lazy. Get the Dart from Tara Street (around the corner from Westmoreland St.) to Grand Canal Dock. When exiting here take a right, you should be at a main road, then cross over the road and you should be at Kitty O'Sheas - lovely pints, lovely food.......

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

chef wrote:
    Hope it helps, and we win

Chef

Cheers Buddy.... apprichate it!

By the way, thats all ye have.... HOPE

COME ON WALES !

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

thanks raheny red...

Advertisement