Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Sunshine 101 Tamangos Mix

• 23-02-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Im not sure if this belongs in "Radio" or "Dance/Electronica" so am posting both. Im looking for the old Sunshine 101 mixes from Tamangos nightclub every Friday and Saturday night around '86-'88.

Please PM me if you have any tapes or you know of any online. Ta ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

D'ya know I used to listen religiously every Saturday night to these !
    Jim Kenny was the jocks name, lives in Donabate or Portrane now. Brilliant beatmix jock and an absolutely stonewall nice guy to boot.

Sorry I can't help with the recordings though but I know someone in regular contact with him and I'll get the message to him.

I used to meet him on Saturday nights with a mate of mine who did the lights for him - good excuse to get in free !! I know he used to make special mixes for Christmas and occasionally he would turn up with something really cool to treat the ears - otherwise everything was done live.

Niall Boylan used to invite him onto his 98fm show where listeners had the chance to pit their music knowledge against his - he always won !!

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

If you log onto radiowaves.fm and pm Jolishan thats Jim Kenny he should/may have the tapes.I dont know him personally but his reputation proceeds him in the full time dj world.

Advertisement