Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got a Mechassault for XBOX handy..?

• 23-02-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

You know the one i mean! * wink wink * :D

Botched up my dash on an update of XBMC and it's stuck at boot screen. Need Mechassault to enable me to FTP again and probably have more luck here than in Wanted Discs.

Either for buy or for lend as can't find any in my local stores in either the pre-owned or to rent.. and ain't got PayPal which most on EBay seem to only take. And besides i hate waiting a week for these EBay auctions which don't have a Buy Now option.

A lend would be ideal.. and i'll give you a fee / award for your troubles!

Regards,

basquille

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

use slayer disc if you have it, as you can ftp into xbox with that in your drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nope.. don't have that either! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

where are you based? I'm in galway but I wouldnt lend it, if you wanted to do it here that's grand...it's my precious.

[/edit] actually, you could see if it boots a homebrew disc. Since you dont have slayers just create an xiso using qwix with the dashboard of your choice on the root of the disc. You may want to throw in a large dummy file (say a 300MB video) to fill out the CD as well (makes it easier for the xbox to read it)and burn the image to a CDRW or a DVDr. It may not work depending on the softmod but definitely worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers but niall mc is already sending me down a copy.. much appreciated to him!

anybody have the softmod tools to loan (and send by post)? for a fee of course

• Advertisement

scrap that, i order ordered splinter cell of ebay and I have a 1.6 xbox lying around. Do I just need a memory card? ( i have one of those usb to xbox cable that i used for gentoox so can I just use a usb key with that?)

Do I just need a memory card? ( i have one of those usb to xbox cable that i used for gentoox so can I just use a usb key with that?)
    Test it by seeing if you can use the normal MS dashboard to format the USB stick. Not all models work but if it formats to FATX and you can copy a savegame from the harddrive to the USB stick then you're sorted and you can go look for the hacked savegame on xbins.

usb key doesnt show up :(

how much do memory cards cost in game shops?

supposedly a psp works, anyone try it?

I have a 2gig card ( dont have 32mb anymore) so could I format that for softmod and then format back to psp format afterwards? If anyone has it would be great!

supposedly a psp works, anyone try it?

I have a 2gig card ( dont have 32mb anymore) so could I format that for softmod and then format back to psp format afterwards? If anyone has it would be great!
    Hmmm, according to this: http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_USB_Compatibility_List
    it does work but was only tested with a 32MB stick, you could try the 2GB but make sure you copy all the files onto your PC first...I'm sure it's just a case of reformatting the stick in windows and copying all the stuff back on to restore the PSP files as you must have done something similar when upgrading from 32MB to 2GB.

I guess you've been playing with some psp homebrew as well?

• Advertisement

everything I have is modded in some way or another ;) , have an xbox already chipped but never got around to getting a chip for a 1.6 xbox I bought, so I thought i'd may aswell try a softmod. I'll probably get a lend of a 32mb pro duo off a friend just in case.

softmodded it with xboxhdm, you dont even need a memory card or game ( so shouldnt have wasted 6 euro on splinter cell ;) ). Have xbmc as dash, asy as pie.

softmodded it with xboxhdm, you dont even need a memory card or game ( so shouldnt have wasted 6 euro on splinter cell ;) ). Have xbmc as dash, asy as pie.
    xboxhdm is very nice alright especially for doing a HD upgrade but most people find it more difficult than the savegame method. Make sure you have a backup of your eeprom though or just hang on to the xboxhdm disc you made otherwise you'll be screwed if you mess things up...actually, how did you get the eeprom initially? You need to use either a hotswap or a savegame exploit with ftp support to grab that before making an xboxhdm boot disc that'll unlock and then re-lock the HD.

Advertisement